Myshall GAA Clubs Lotto Results for 09/04/2013
This week's winning numbers: 2, 3, 7, 17
Next week's jackpot: €2600
Jackpot winner: No winner
8 Match 3 winners received €25
Next draw is 16/04/2013 at 10:30pm at High Nellys, Milltown. [Previous Results]
Myshall Camogie Club: Congratulations to
Myshall who won the All-Ireland Camogie Junior club final. The defeated Four
Roads of Roscommon 1-03 to 0-03 in Ashbourne. Special mention to Sheila Ryan
who collects her 30th County Championship medal.
Myshall/ Drumphea Community Alert Meeting in Roberts Myshall on
November 26th at 8 pm. New members are welcome.
Naomh Eoin GAA Club has started to put in place some plans and arrangements for the “Wow Myshall’s Got Talent” competition which will be staged in early February 2013. More details to be worked out and then it will be unveiled.
Naomh Eoin GAA club wish the best of good luck to Myshall Camogie Club when they take on Four Roads of Roscommon In the all-Ireland Junior Camogie Club Final on Sunday at Donaghmore, Ashbourne at 2-45.
- Drumphea Community Centre Committee Meeting in Drumphea Community Centre on Wednesday November 28th at 8 pm.
- Christmas Choir for those interested in being part of the Christmas Choir a practice will be held in Myshall Church on this Sunday November 25th at 4 pm. All welcome.
- For Sale — Musical Equipment - 2 x 300W Bass Bins and 2 x 250 W Tops. Ideal for band or D.J Reasonably priced. Contact 086 2350485
- Myshall/Drumphea Social History Group will hold their Christmas Party in Drumphea Community Centre on Friday 8th December at 8.00 p.m. The night will comprise of a fun table quiz, light refreshments, a slide show and musical entertainment. Everyone is welcome.
House Of Stories A Gathering! (Rambling House) In Killoughternane Hall Come along for a fun filled night with
friends and family! This is open to everyone especially those
who would like to share their party piece by singing a song,
playing a tune, saying a recitation, telling a joke or reciting
a piece of poetry. We may even have a half set or two on the
night! Date: Thursday 29th November 2012 Time: 8.00pm Cost:
Donation at the door All proceeds go towards the upkeep of the
Myshall Camogie Club play Four Roads Roscommon at 2.45pm in Ashbourne Co. Meath on Sunday 25th November. Admission Adults 15 euro Students/OAP 10 euro children under 16 free. Your support would be gratefully appreciated. Hopefully the All Ireland Cup will be coming to Myshall on Sunday night.
Myshall Camogie Club are ordering new hoodies and they will be
Christmas in all sizes. Contact Sheila Ryan 086 3789164 or Mary Nolan 086 1504904
The past pupils of St. Leo's College, Carlow invite past pupils
to a 30 year School Re-union. This re-union is for pupils who
joined St. Leo's in September 1977 or who sat their leaving
certificate in June 1982. The event is to be held on Friday 28th
December, 2012. For full information contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or Carmel on (086) 8908820
- VOLUNTEER IN AFRICA – Humanitarian Volunteers are looking for volunteers to travel to East Africa in Feb 2013. The volunteers will work on a humanitarian project for two weeks. No experience required and no age restrictions. No large fundraising. Volunteers will pay their own costs. In addition, the Group will visit the resting place of the Venerable Edel Quinn during the mission. Contact Denis – 086 8520271.
- MYSHALL COMMUNITY CENTRE COMMITTEE would like to thank everyone who supported the Coffee Morning in aid of Haiti last Sunday. To date the money raised has exceeded the €831.32 mark which is fantastic. Unfortunately Pamela Whelan is in hospital and was unable to be present and at time of going to print was unsure if she can actually travel to Haiti but your money will still go to the Haiti Relief fund as Colm Holmes, also from the local area will definitely be travelling. Thank you for your generosity. The next Hall meeting will take place on Thursday Dec 6th at 8.30 p.m. Also the committee members extend an invitation to anyone who helped out in the Community Centre during the year to join them for a little 'Christmas Cheer' on Saturday Dec. 15th in the Community Centre from about 9.p.m.
- MYSHALL MUINTIR NA TÍRE is holding its local 'Pride of Place' awards night on Thursday Dec 13th in the Community Centre at 8 p.m. and everyone from the village including the four housing estates is invited and also anyone who helped out in any way in Tidy Towns, cleaning cemetery etc. during the year.
- KEEP THOSE REPORTS COMING IN FOR MYSHALL PARISH MAGAZINE as the deadline is fast approaching...we would love to have received everything by November 25th but if you still have a story, report, photograph or other item of interest that you haven't been able to email to email@example.com then we will accept it on Tuesday night Nov 27th when we meet in the Community Centre at 8.30p.m. A huge thank you to all who have already submitted articles or pictures. Advertisements are also welcome at only €20 as they keep the cost of the magazine down to what it has been for the last ten years - €5. Now where would you get better value than that in these recessionary times?
Borris Vocational School Parents Association
Christmas Bazaar Sunday December 9th from 2.30—5.30 pm
Borris Vocational School Sports Hall
Our Christmas Bazaar will have a Wheel of Fortune with good prizes of Christmas fare, a Big Raffle, Bottle Stall, Cake Sale and various other sideshows. Door Prize will be a Christmas Hamper valued at €150. A special treat for the little ones this year, Santa will pay a visit to the BVS Grotto, so come along and make you Christmas wish. Our Transition Year students will have their Mini Company products on sale. We hope you and your friends will be able to support us.
Carols by Candlelight
Borris Vocational School Choir with The Borris Male Choir present ‘A Magical Evening of Seasonal Music & Song ’ Monday 17th December at 8 pm in the Parish Church, Borris. Everyone welcome.
COFFEE MORNING IN AID OF HAITI - CHANGE OF DATE
Please note the Coffee Morning in aid of Haiti to be held in Myshall Community Centre on Sunday morning November 11th has been changed to Sunday November 18th due to Pamela Whelan being involved with the Camogie All-Ireland Semi-Final match. Pamela is travelling to Haiti with another local Colm Holmes to give much needed help. While hurricane Sandy caused devastation in New York hurricanes also hit Haiti this year but didn't get the same airplay as it is such a common occurrence there. Please enjoy a cuppa on Sunday 11th and make a donation to this worthy cause.
MYSHALL/ DRUMPHEA SENIOR CITIZENS monthly bingo is on Wed 21st
2012 in Myshall Community Centre, from 8-10pm. We invite all our citizens to come
along and join in the game.
Carlow Federation ICA Bootcamp The ladies from RTE Bootcamp
Imelda, Josephine & Breda, will be down in the Lord Bagnal,
Leighlinbrige. On Thursday 22nd November to host a Charity
Bootcamp in conjunction with Eist Cancer support group.
They will be putting some high profile local celebrity's through their paces. Imelda was giving noting away when asked what tasks the contestants would be asked to perform "she said the only thing i can say is they wont have to take off their clothes".
Celebrities taking part are former Carlow Rose Jessica Adamson, Eric Driver from Macra, ploughman extraordinaire Eamon Tracey, celebrity chef Edward Hayden and this years Rose Marian Hynes.
Members of the Beechtree Players Jimmy Farrell, George Donoghue & Tom Doyle will perform a sketch called " The Interview", plus other entertainer's. Raffle on the night for 2 return tickets to London sponsored by Aer Lingus plus numerous other prizes. A great fun night is guaranteed.
Show starts at 8pm. Tickets are €10. available from any ICA member or can be bought at the door on the night. Please come along for a fun night out.
- Naomh Eoin-Myshall minor footballers will play Kildavin-Clonegal in the minor football league ‘B’ final at Dr. Cullen on Sunday at 2-00 pm. They beat Rngs last Sunday 1-11 to 1-6 in the final. This is a good bunch of lads and all support welcome. Best of Luck Lads.
- Heartiest Congratulations: Naomh Eoin GAA club wish the heartiest congratulations to Myshall Camogie Club on their great win last Sunday and now girls go the whole way and win the All Ireland.
- “Wow Myshall’s Got Talent” Naomh Eoin GAA Club has started to put in place some plans and arrangements for the “Wow Myshall’s Got Talent” competition which will be staged in early February 2013. More details to be worked out and then it will be unveiled.
- Wanted Old Jerseys and Old Photos of teams from long gone by, there is still a few photos out there anything is welcome to build up a library.
Drumphea Community Centre Committee
Aerobics continues every Thursday night from 8-9 pm also Indoor Bowls every Wednesday at 8 pm. Cost €2 per night. All are welcome. For further information contact Eamon Lalor
MYSHALL PARISH MAGAZINE
Only one week left for items to be left in for the 2012 Parish Magazine so please club P.R.O.'s get working as we want to have all reports in by Nov 25th. Any other interesting items or photographs of events during the year would be greatly appreciated.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand into any member of the committee.
MYSHALL DRUMPHEA SOCIAL HISTORY GROUP
The planned trip to Huntington Castle takes place this Sunday Nov. 18th - meet at Myshall Community Centre at 2p.m. sharp as tour commences at 2.30. Next meeting Tuesday 20th in Myshall Community Centre at 8p.m. All welcome.
MYSHALL MUINTIR NA TÍRE
The guild will hold a local 'Awards Night' on Thursday Dec. 13th at 8 p.m. when local 'Pride of Place' Awards will be presented to our 2012 winners and to all four housing estates in the village. We invite all villagers to this awards night as well as anyone who helped out in any way with Tidy Towns or the Cemetery Project during the past year. Light refreshments will be served and we would welcome any ideas on improvements to the area for 2013 especially as 'The Gathering' will be gaining momentum and we want the village and surrounding areas to look its absolute best.
COFFEE MORNING IN AID OF HAITI
After Mass this Sunday why not drop into Myshall Community Centre for a cup of tea or coffee and a little nibble and support Pamela Whelan and Colm Holmes as they travel to Haiti to bring much needed relief there. This event is being organised by members of Myshall Community Centre Committee and we would like to congratulate Pamela and the whole Myshall Camogie Team on getting to the All-Ireland Club Final. What an achievement - Well done girls! Nest meeting of Myshall Hall Committee takes place on Thursday December 6th at 8.30 p.m.
- Myshall Garden Club will hold their Gala Christmas Flower Arranging Demonstration in the Community Centre on Mon Nov 19th at 8 pm. The demonstrator will be Olive O’Shea from Kilkenny. Adm €10 with punch on arrival. Refreshments served & all exhibits will be raffled for our charity Eist this year. All welcome
Myshall Camogie Club would like to thank everyone who supported
their recent jersey draw. Winners were Kathleen Fox, Hill Road
and Roisin Mullins, Garryhill. They would also like to thank all
those who supported their recent Cabaret and Roberts for the use
of the Lounge A great night was had be all.
A Big Congratulations to the Senior Camogie Team who had a great win on Sunday. The All Ireland Final now awaits them against Four Roads Roscommon on Sunday 25th November at a venue to be announced. Thanks to all who supported them in their recent semi final and hope to see continued support for the final.
Myshall Camogie Club are ordering new hoodies and they will be available for Christmas in all sizes. Contact Sheila Ryan or Mary Nolan.
NEW YEAR – NEW QUALIFICATION! CERTIFICATE IN
ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING (CELT)
The only Department of Education (ACELS) recognised TEFL
Certificate is scheduled to begin in Carlow on 21st January,
English Language Ireland is holding a CELT INFORMATION EVENING, on Monday 10th December from 7 – 9 p.m. at The Schoolhouse, Idrone Park,
O’Brien Road, Carlow. Telephone: 059 9140227 Email: email@example.com
Web Site: www.englishlanguage.ie
22: The Tour de Ranch: Sports Complex
fundraising Cycle. Starting Myshall GAA Club
house, Kildavin, Clonegal, Ardattin, Ballon, Fenagh and back to
Myshall for refreshment and treats for the children. Everyone
welcome, it's about a 30 mile run (43.5 km)
CHILDREN OVER 8 YEARS. MUST WEAR HELMETS. Can join in from Fenagh.
SPONSORSHIP CARDS AVAILABLE.
Myshall / Drumphea Social History Group plan to
have a walk in the Raheenleigh / Coolasnaughta area on Thursday,
26th July, meeting at the Waterworks in Raheenleigh at 6.30. Due
to a combination of factors, this walk had to be cancelled
previously, but hopefully on this occasion the sun will shine.
A further walk is planned for the 6th August (Bank Holiday Monday) meeting at
Corrabut Gap at 2.00pm and walking to Crochan, which I'm told is a really beautiful area.
In conjunction with Heritage Week, another walk has been arranged for Saturday 18th August. Again the starting place is Corrabut Gap, meeting at 3.00 pm and finishing at the Nine Stones.
With the heritage of our own parish in mind, it is planned to relive the Fair which
traditionally took place in Myshall village on the Pattern Day. On the afternoon of
Saturday 15th Sept., the village of Myshall will be visited by Matchmakers, Tanglers, Musicians, Dancers and a little bit of street theatre. In keeping with the idea of a fair, it is hoped that there will be an array of craft and food stalls. Any local organisation or
individual who would like to take part and put their wares for sale and display should contact Brighid Fox at 059 9157711 or Tommy Murphy at 087 6256028 before 15th
- Myshall Garden Clubs next evening garden visit will take place on Monday 23rd July, to Margaret Whelan's garden, Ballinacrea, at 7pm. Members and non-members welcome.
Myshall Community Games Presentation Evening
will be held on Monday next, 23rd July, at 6.30pm sharp in
Myshall Community Centre. Boys U11 Hurling Team winners will
also be presented their medals on the night.
Anyone that has tops from the Community Games final in Ardattin, please bring them on the night.
This year Stretch n Grow are 10 years old, come and join us at
summer camp in Myshall Community Centre from Tues.7th Aug to Fri.10th Aug from 10am - 1pm and help us celebrate!!!SPECIAL BIRTHDAY PRICE£55!!!!Call or text 0879099806 to book your child's place
Drumphea Cemetery Committee meeting on Monday
July 23rd at 8 pm
Indoor Bowls in Drumphea Community Centre on Wednesday July 25th at 8 pm. All are welcome to attend
Naomh Eoin GAA Club are organising their annual
fund raiser draw. 1st prize is 1000 Euro, 2nd prize two All
Ireland Hurling Final tickets, 3rd prize two All Ireland
Football Final tickets, 4th, 5th, 6th, 50 euro, 7th, 8th, 9th
10th Whiskey & Brandy. Tickets are 5 euro, or 3 for 10 euro. All
committee members, all players no exceptions and all selectors
will be putting in a huge effort both local and further afield
to make this draw a success. The draw will take place on Friday
August 31st all support greatly appreciated.
Well done to the minor hurlers and minor footballers are undefeated in their respective championships up to now. A special thanks to all the parents who are at all the matches in full support of the young players and they appreciate it so much. The minor hurling championship game Naomh Eoin 3-12 Mt. Leinster Rngs 2-14, was by far one of the best games in the county this year well done lads.
The under 21 footballers defeated Kildavin-Clonegal in the championship quarterfinal on Wednesday last by eight points Naomh Eoin-Miseal led by 1-6 to 0-5 at half time and finished eight point winners, Naomh Eoin-Miseal 1-12 Kildavin-Clonegal 0-7. They will now meet Palatine in the semi-final. Palatine defeated Rathvilly 1-13 to 0-8 to qualify. This will be the second step for three in a row.
The senior footballers play Kildavin-Clonegal in Dr. Cullen Park this Saturday evening at 6:00pm.
The intermediate hurlers are also undefeated with two wins in the championship. With the full panel now available the senior hurlers are fiercely determined and putting in a massive effort that they win get back to where they were last year in the final and go one better. It’s in the hurling field where the work is done.
The recent Grow Fund Africa collection taken up by the Naomh Eoin GAA Club was 450 euro and 22.cent The Grow Fund Africa and Naomh Eoin wish to thank everyone who supported in any way. This is the Fifteenth year that the club has done this collection.
Blackstairs Vintage Club would sincerely like
to thank all the people who helped to make the eight annual
rally a great success. A special thanks to all committee
workers, stewards, gate men, Myshall Community Centre, Naomh
Eoin GAA Club, Fr. Philip O’Shea P.P, the Kavanagh men for their
help and cooperation. To all businesses, firms and companies who
sponsored advertisements in the souvenir booklet a sincere thank
s and we ask all to support all our advertisers they have
supported us. Also to Margaret Whelan and all the ladies who
helped keep everyone fed on the day a sincere thanks. To the
people that sponsored the street entertainment on Saturday
evening a sincere thanks. The committee publicly acknowledge and
thank each and every one, no one left out for their help great
Presentation Evening Saturday August 11th at a cabaret in Roberts lounge presentations will be made to Cheshire Home Tullow, Myshall - Drumphea Parochial Parish, Drumphea Community Centre, Myshall-Drumphea Senior Citizens. Tickets are on sale at 2 euro each and all support welcome.
Myshall Garden Club
Myshall Garden Clubs next evening garden visit will take place on Monday 23rd July, to Margaret Whelan's garden, Ballinacrea at 7pm. Members and non-members welcome.
- Drumphea Cemetery Committee is once again preparing for the judging in this years Pride of Place competition. The committee was informed last year that a considerable number of marks were lost in the judging because of spraying that had been done around some graves. The committee asks people to be careful when spraying graves of their loved ones to ensure to spray only inside copings and not on the surrounding grass. The grass is being mowed throughout the cemetery on an ongoing basis.
Lismaconly Cemetery Book
MYSHALL MUINTIR NA TÍRE
A sincere thanks to all who attended the Launch of the Lismaconly Cemetery Book on Thursday June 28th in Myshall Community Centre. It was great to see the crowd of local people who came to support us as it gives inspiration to the group to continue with such projects. Thanks to Fr. Alphie Murphy for officially launching the book, to Fr. O’Shea for a special blessing for the 1,177 people who are named in the book, to the Tús workers, the Hall Committee, Fás workers, the ladies who made the tea and to everyone who helped in any way towards its success and to getting the cemetery ready for Saturday Night. A small number of books are still available from local shops and from Tommy Murphy & Brigid Fox but if you want a copy we suggest you get it soon as they are disappearing fast.
Meanwhile Muintir would like to congratulate the residents of St. Oliver’s Crescent on forming their own Resident’s Committee. Since its inception this estate has always looked very well and if Myshall does not fare well in the Tidy Towns competition it certainly won’t be the fault of the four main residential estates St. Oliver’s, St. Oliver’s Crescent, Mountain View & The Meadows. A number of individual houses have also made a significant effort at having their premises looking really well and this work is to be commended. Not many suggestions were received re the development of ‘The Orchard’ but it will be up for discussion at the next meeting of Muintir Na Tíre which will take place on Thursday July 12th at 8.30 p.m. so why not come along and give your opinion.
Last Chance Fun Debs Dance—Dance in the McGrath
Hall Bagenalstown on Sat. 14th July. Tickets only €10 available
in local shops Nolan's Myshall and
Garryhill, Vincent Dunne, Myshall Inn or on the door on the
night. Fun filled packed night with Music by 2 of a Kind,
celebrity guest, photo booth, bar, cocktail hour, hot dog stand
and lots more. So dance the night away and reminisce at the Last
Chance Fun Debs Dance. For more information please contact 087
All proceeds to the Irish Cancer Society, Carlow/Kilkenny Homecare Team and The Carlow Hospice.
- Myshall Garden Club next garden visit will take place on Mon July 9th to Monksgrange, Rathnure meeting in Myshall at 6.30 pm. All welcome. The day tour will take place Thursday July 12th leaving Myshall at 9am visiting gardens around Gorey. All welcome. To book a seat contact Ann 087 6325725 or Margaret 087 9734561.
- Drumphea Community Centre An indoor Bowling mat and equipment has been kindly donated to Drumphea Community Centre and any individual or group interested in learning to play bowls can contact John Rice 087 9416498 or Thomas Kelly 087 9241303
- Drumphea Cemetery Committee meeting on Monday 9th at 8.pm.
Lismaconly Cemetery Centenary Celebration & Annual
Cemetery Mass will
be held on Saturday June 30th at 7 pm. This is a week earlier than usual to coincide
with a weekend of celebration in the parish to include the Centenary of the
Cemetery & the Blackstairs Vintage Rally.
- MYSHALL HALL COMMITTEE The next meeting of Myshall Hall Committee will take place on Thursday June 7th at 9p.m. in Myshall Community Centre. Looking forward to seeing you there!
MYSHALL MUINTIR NA TÍRE
This year’s entry for Tidy Towns and Pride of Place have been sent in so we are
appealing to everyone to keep the area as clean as possible and try to improve
our marks which have been steadily increasing over the last couple of years.
Grateful appreciation is extended to Declan and Michael for their work litter
picking, spraying etc. but everyone should try to at least maintain their own patch
and not leave it to others. It is time too to think about planting some summer
flowers and putting up window boxes, hanging baskets etc. Muintir are once
again organising the ‘Best Premises’ competition in the village with the judging
area within the speed limits. The Graveyard Project is progressing well and we
are endeavouring to have an all out effort made to have Lismaconly Cemetery
looking its very best for its Centenary celebration. The gravestones have all been
recorded as have all unmarked graves and a book will be published in time for
Cemetery Day which will be an excellent resource for anyone looking up their
ancestors. If anyone would like to submit a cover design for the book they can do
so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by June 4th. Next Muintir meeting is on
Thursday June 14th
MYSHALL SOCIAL HISTORY GROUP
The second walk of the season will take place on Monday June 4th (Bank Holiday
Monday) meeting at 6.30 p.m. at Lismaconly Cemetery Carpark and going to
the Ballaghmore/Kilmaglush area. Did you know there was once a graveyard in
Ballaghmore or that the last wolf was killed in Kilmaglush? Join us on our walk
and learn more about the area - non-members are welcome and if the weather
permits bring a picnic as we usually finish very hungry! The next meeting will
take place in Drumphea Community Centre on Tuesday June 19th at 8.30 p.m.
Killoughternane Drama Club
After three months of rehearsing, Killoughternane Drama Club is presenting this
years play The Last Apache Reunion in Killoughternane Hall on 25, 27, 31 May
and 2 &3 June. Adm EUR 10. Commences at 8pm sharp. After last years record
performance, this years should be equally successful. Anyone who is attending
is advised to come early.
Myshall Sports Complex
The newly formed Sports Complex Committee held a meeting in Myshall Community Centre on Thursday night last, the following were elected:
Chairman: Jim Kavanagh
Vice Chairman: Steven Kelly
Secretary: Sheila McEvoy
Ass. Secretaries: Edel Jordan, Aisling Kavanagh
Treasurers: Olivia Ferry, Roisin Behan, John Beck
PROs: Noel McGarvey, Charlie Murphy, Michael Whelan
Committee: Lillian O Brien, Hillary Rutchizko, Jimmy Smithers, Peter Nolan
Michael Doyle, Mary Nolan, Marian O Sullivan, Pat Behan, Eddie Nolan
Noel James, John Kavanagh, Michael Slye, Rose Nolan
It was felt there is a need for an indoor sports complex in the area so suitable sites, grant aid and finance are now being sourced with this in mind.
Naomh Eoin GAA
Fundraiser; Naomh Eoin GAA Club are at present selling Club Development GAA Draw tickets in conjunction with Carlow Co. Board. The first twenty five the club will sell goes to the levy on the centre of excellence and after that the club will get 60 euro for every ticket sold. First prize is a brand new car each month and twenty more prizes every month for five months. Tickets are 20 euro per month and it works out at about a euro for each draw. Last year Naomh Eoin sold around fifty tickets and they will do their best to sell more this year. Contact Har Smithers, Gary Murphy, Michael Whelan or any committee member. First Draw is Monday May 15th
- Blackstairs Vintage Rally The eight annual Blackstairs Vintage Rally will be held on Sunday July 1st in the Ranch but the festivities always gets going on the Saturday evening and it will be the same this year.
- Myshall Drumphea Heritage Society are delighted to announce that Dr Kevin Whelan will give a talk on south Carlow in the eighteenth and nineteenth century, in Myshall Community Centre, on Tuesday 15th May at 8.00 p.m. Everyone welcome.
NAOMH EOIN LADIES FOOTBALL CLUB
The minor team contested the clubs first ever Minor A final against Benekerry/Tinryland in Dr Cullen Park on Thursday last. After a fantastic performance by all the girls the game finished level on a score of Naomh Eoin 5-2 Benekerry/Tinryland 4-5 Well done to all involved. Team Emer Slye, Clare Kealy, Laura James, Emma Coogan, Chloe Galligan, Kate Nolan, Denise Bermingham, Breege Nolan, Michelle Nolan, Ciara Quirke, Ali Ruschitzko, Ruth Foley, Ciara Daly, Miriam O Brien, Annie Phelan and Eva Kealy. The replay will be fixed shortly.
Our u12s had their first game of the championship on Saturday last against Old Leighlin. The girls played brilliant and were unfortunate to lose out on a score line of Naomh Eoin 2-0 Old Leighlin 2-2
The senior team got their league campaign off to a winning start on Sunday last with a victory over Rathvilly on a score line of Naomh Eoin 2-5 Rathvilly 2-3
- Carlow County Enterprise Board are running Free Internet Training Class. The classes run 1 night a week for 3 weeks. For more information or to book a place contact 05991 30880.
Drumphea National School
Third Class student Michael Nolan recently brought honour to his school and parish by taking part in the INTO/EBS Handwriting Competition 2012 and winning both the Regional Final and the All Ireland title in his category. Michael was up against boys and girls from third and fourth classes in his category and beat them with his beautiful handwriting. He received his prize at a special prize giving ceremony held recently in Dublin Zoo where he had a brilliant day. Congratulations to Michael and also to his teacher Mr. Boland on bringing back an All Ireland medal to his school and parish
MYSHALL MUINTIR NA TÍRE
Next meeting will take place on Thursday 10th May when we will be discussing among other things the Graveyard Project, Tidy Towns and Pride of Place and all are welcome. The weather was very much against us with our planned litter picking days but thanks to our Fás Workers the area is kept very well so let’s all make sure to keep it that way. Volunteer Week takes place from May 14th – 20th and on Saturday May 19th, if the weather is still not against us we will have a ‘Myshall Volunteer Day’ when we might do some litter picking, spray, plant, paint etc. just as we did for the All-Ireland Pride of Place entry. We would love to see as many as possible, any age, available from 10 a.m. to 12 noon meeting at the Community Centre. We can do it…..’Is féidir linn’
Myshall Health and Fitness Group still running
a fitness class every Monday night at 8.15pm. Unfortunately the
weather for the past number of weeks hasnt been kind to us and
we have moved inside to the Community Centre. We are hoping to
be back outdoors in Naomh Eoin soon, weather dependant.
Pilates class takes place directly after the fitness class on Monday nights at 9.15pm.
We are now looking for anyone interested in fitness class on Wed nights to contact us.
We are also still walking every week day morning at approx 9.15am. The group meets outside the Community Centre every week day morning and walk various routes around the parish. All are welcome to join any of the above activities. Contact Lillian for enquiries.
Drumphea Community Centre
A very enjoyable night was had on Wednesday the 25th April by all who attended Derek Ryan and his band in the Lord Bagenal. Thanks to everyone who supported it is very much appreciated and to Derek for giving of his services and entertaining us on the night.
Over the next few weeks we will be starting a 4 week basic photography skills course sponsored by the V.E.C, starting on Thursday May 17th at 7.30 pm. There is a limited number of spaces available for more details contact Stephanie or Mairead.
MUINTIR NA TIRE
The next meeting of Myshall Muintir Na Tíre will take place on Thursday April 19th at 8 p.m.
The Guild members would like to sympathise with the Nolan Family on the death of Jim who always tried to promote the various activities of the local branch. He is present in the photograph at the opening of the Grotto in 1954 and he was one of those interviewed by a National Newspaper when Muintir launched the website myshalldrumphea.com in recent years. He was very enthusiastic about that and couldn’t help noting how at the time he could see and talk to his grandson in Australia by means of a computer (Skype). It was, he said, the next best thing to getting the electricity which he promoted with Muintir under the Rural Electrification Scheme May he rest in peace!
- MYSHALL/DRUMPHEA SOCIAL HISTORY GROUP’s next meeting takes place on Tuesday April 17th at 8 p.m. in Drumphea Community Centre and all are welcome. We would like to offer our sympathy to the Nolan family on the death of Jim. On Saturday March 31st those present at our Film Show in Myshall Hall saw many fine examples of Jim’s entertaining ability – in the Passion Play, on the Late Late Show with Gay Byrne and on the ‘Live at Three’ show when he won the title of ‘Entertainer of the Year’. As our group endeavours to keep alive the many aspects of our heritage we know we will continue to enjoy Jim entertaining us in more re-runs in the future. The light of Heaven on you Jim!
MYSHALL HALL COMMITTEE
If anyone ever made the stage in Myshall Hall his own it was surely Jim Nolan and Myshall Hall Committee would like to offer its condolences to the family. Jim was associated with the Hall from well before it was rebuilt as a Community Centre and his performances will be remembered for many years whether it was in Tops of the Parish, Scór: both Recitation and Novelty Acts and of course in many plays, one of the most noteworthy being his performance as The Bull McCabe in John B. Keane’s play ‘The Field’ No doubt, by the time you read this he is already putting a few verses together and performing on that great stage in Heaven. As the saying goes ‘Break a leg Jim!”
MYSHALL PARISH MAGAZINE
From the time of its inception in 1993 Jim Nolan was an ardent contributor to the annual publication that is Myshall Parish Magazine – we relived many periods of his & indeed our lives through the articles he wrote: the threshings, courting, the Pattern in Myshall, killing a pig, visiting the Hamish community in the States, the Big Snow of ‘47 etc. Our sympathy to each and every member of his family and, come November, we know we will find it very difficult to fill the void that his passing will bring to our publication. Ar dheis Dé go raibh sé!
The Daffodil Day Coffee Morning in Myshall was a huge success, raising €1157 for the Irish Cancer Society and the Carlow/Kilkenny Homecare Team. Sincere thanks to everyone for their support. To everyone who donated delicious home baking and raffle prizes. To Gretta and the staff at Roberts for the venue and all their help and to Jackie Byrne for the music.
- Blackstairs Vintage Club hold their annual general meeting on Wednesday April 11th at Roberts Lounge at 8-30 pm. The club will look back on a good year, there 7th vintage rally in July 2011 working day and ploughing at Paddy Kellys Ballaghmore St. Patricks Day parades, plus all the tractor runs and other Rallies members attended local and national and across the water. Over the seven years the hard work of all members has seen the club donate a lot of money to very worthy causes, as well as helping and supporting worthy causes in other clubs. A special thanks to each and every one who helped in any way over the seven years. All members and new members are asked to attend.
Naomh Eoin senior hurlers turned in a great
performance to come out five point winners over Camross of Laois
in the Leinster club senior hurling league on Sunday last. In a
high scoring game it finished Naomh Eoin 3-18 Camross 2-16. Full
marks to all the players and especially to the Co senior hurlers
who came straight from Aughrim to Myshall. The club would like
to thank all the patrons and supporters for their support at the
games. This was their second win in this competition and Naomh
Eoin has one more game against Castlepollard of Westmeath which
will be in Myshall at a later date.
Upcoming fixtures; Naomh Eoin are in action this Saturday evening against Piltown of Kilkenny in the Kilkenny hurling league. That game is at 5-30 and is in Myshall. On Monday evening they play Tinryland in the SFL Div 1 in Myshall at 6-30; The minor footballers played Clonmore on Thursday past in the MFL ‘B’, on Sunday morning the minor hurlers play Muinebeag in the MHL at Myshall at 11-00 pm. Going in to these two games the minor are leading the league tables. The junior footballers will be all out to get there first win in the SFL Div 3, on Tuesday evening when they play Ballinabranna in Myshall at 7-30. The Club would appreciate a few more volunteers to share the workload.
- Miseal Juvenile Club u 8 and u 10 GAA coaching will take place on Tuesday nights down at the GAA pitch at approx 710pm after community games running. Registration forms will be available from coaches involved, u 6 training will resume shortly. U 8 and u10s will have blitz s every Saturday morning unless otherwise stated and texts will be sent to registered players with information in relation to the same. Texts will be sent out each week stating as to whether training will be hurling or football. This is a great way for our juveniles to get some exercise , meet friends old and new and no matter what level of skill they have it will all be worked on. We plan to have a club walk from the 9 stones to the GAA club in the coming weeks with refreshments served afterwards, details at a later date. We wish all our juveniles a great season of sport.
Killoughternane Hall Variety Concert In Borris
Music by… Graiguenamanagh Brass Band Borris Vocational School Students Jimmy Spruhan & Friends Date: Friday 13th April 2012 Time: 8.00pm Admission: €10 Raffle tickets and Refreshments on sale from 7pm For tickets contact 086 2290018
email: email@example.com Facebook Killoughternane Hall or any committee member.
Myshall Garden Club
Myshall Garden Clubs next meeting will be held on Monday 16th April in the Community Centre at 8pm. There will be a guest speaker giving a talk and there will be a raffle and a cuppa. New members welcome.
Agnes and Catriona will hold a coffee morning in Roberts Lounge on Friday 30th March from 10am until 1pm in aid of cancer society and the Carlow Homecare team. All are welcome for the music and a cuppa.
Myshall Garden Club
Myshall Garden Club will hold their first meeting of 2012 on Monday 20th February at 8pm in Myshall Community Centre. There will be a guest speaker on the night and the usual raffle and refreshments. All welcome.
- The Hunters Rest, Fenagh Now serving soup/sandwiches/rolls/paninis take away or sit down served all day. Live music every weekend. All GAA, Racing, Rugby, Soccer Live on TV. All parties catered for. Contact 059 9727155
- Myshall ICA Summer Tour takes place this year to Lake District England Staying at the Shap Wells Hotel, Shap, Penrith. Departing on Sunday 6th May and returning on Thursday 10th May - Pick up at Myshall at 9am. Dinner B&B. Day trips each day. Return ferry from Dublin to Holyhead. Price €460.00pps. Single supplement €80. Booking with deposit of €100. Phone Ann 0879404194 and Mary 0599727411. Non members welcome.
- Myshall National School now taking enrolments for end of August 2012. There are a very high number of siblings starting this year so please get your enrolment form from the School as soon as possible to avoid disappointment
MYSHALL DRUMPHEA SOCIAL HISTORY GROUP
Next meeting of Myshall Drumphea Social History Group will take place on Tuesday Feb. 21st at 7.45 in the Community Centre Drumphea. Issues being discussed are Insurance, farming techniques of long ago and the possibility of entering a float in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. All welcome.
MYSHALL MUINTIR NA TÍRE
At its monthly meeting on February 9th Myshall Muintir Na Tíre decided to take on a fascinating project in conjunction with the Tús Programme – the recording of all the gravestone memorials in the parish commencing with Lismaconly as this year marks the 100th anniversary of that cemetery. The intention is to publicise the records in book form and to have it available for cemetery day. If anyone would like to help out with this project or if people would like to clean their gravestones to make them more legible then that would certainly enhance the work. The next meeting of Muintir will take place in the Community Centre on Thursday March 8th.
Drumphea Community Group are holding six weeks
of yoga classes sponsored by Carlow V.E.C. The classes commence
this Thursday evening the 23rd Feb. in Drumphea Community Centre
from 7.30 to 9.00 pm. All interested please contact Stephanie or Mairead.
Thank you to everyone who attended the very enjoyable Tea Party in Drumphea Community Centre on Saturday last. The following were winners: Door Prize– Kathleen Doyle Raffle– Olivia Behan, Cork; Kathleen Donohue, Milltown; Mary Treacy, Knocklonagad; Sonny O’Brien, Coolasnaughta; John Tracey, Knocklonagad; Pat Doyle, Milltown; Annie Kenny, Shean; Tom Byrne, Knocklonagad.
Myshall Community Games. The club held the Art
Art Finals in Myshall Community Centre
recently. There was a good turn out but next year it is hoped to
have a bigger crowd by running the competition in the evening
time rather than the morning as it seems to clash with other
activities. Winners were as follows: u/8 Girls– 1. Chloe Murphy
u/10 Girls– 1. Ciara Mc Cabe 2. Kim Doyle 3. Caoimhe Jordan
u/12 Girls—1. Aine Behan 2. Mary Sullivan
u/10 Boys—1. Michael Nolan 2. Jamie Behan 3. Diarmuid O’Neill
Well done to all the children who won medals and to everyone who took part. Thanks also to our judge.
Myshall & Drumphea St. Patrick's Day Parade Due
to unforeseen circumstances the St. Patrick's Day Parade open
meeting which was listed for Tuesday February 21st has to be
brought forward to Monday February 20th at 7-00 at Roberts
Lounge all are welcome to come along and new ideas are welcomed,
how about a small float representing each of the station areas.
The Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade Church gate collection will take place on Saturday February 25th and Sunday February 26th
Naomh Eoin GAA Club wish to thank sincerely
everyone who supported their recent Race Night. The people who
sponsored races the people who sold and bought horses, and
people who stood in the auction race also to Roberts Lounge a
sincere thank you to one and all.
A busy year ahead. Naomh Eoin hurlers will play in the Kilkenny hurling league this season they will also play in the Leinster Senior Hurling League (they went to the Div1 final of this last year), this begins on March 19th There will also play in the all county hurling league, minor hurling league, as well as the Senior Intermediate Under 21 and Minor hurling championships. In football they will play in the senior, junior A, under 21 and minor championships, also in the senior football league Div 1, Div 3, and the minor football league. The club are determined to do their very best and capture silverware towards the end of the year. They sincerely thank everyone for their loyal support and they need it more than ever this year.
Still looking for a photo of the 1969 junior football team that beat Kildavin by 2-19 to 1-2 in Bro. Leo Park in Tullow in the JFC. There are a small few copies somewhere in the parish, please contact 087 6256028.
Naomh Eoin Tops of The Parish
Friday March 2nd is D night, that is when the Tops of the Parish hit the stage in Myshall Community Centre at 7-45. There are two shows taking part this year and will be staged for ‘One Night and One Night Only’ According to rumours these shows are not to be missed.
Taking part in one show are Shangarry,Lismaconly, Ballaghmore, Tourtane, Roslee etc. and in the other show Myshall, Ballinrush etc. etc. The best of entertainment for five euro.
Table Quiz to be held in High Nellie's pub on
Friday, the 2nd March @ 9 pm in aid of Drumphea National School.
There will be teams of 4 and the cost is € 20 per table.
The two winning tables will receive cash prizes !!!!!All welcome !
Diocesan Eucharistic Congress: A Place at the Table
Planning for the Diocesan Eucharistic Congress which takes place in Carlow on March 9 & 10 is continuing and there is great interest in this event from across the diocese and beyond. Booking is essential so please return your completed Registration Form to Faith Development Services, Cathedral Parish Centre, College St, Carlow on or before February 27. You can also book on line at www.kandle.ie/congress.